Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sketches - Week 8

I think that I'm going to invest in a decent scanner and move away from taking photos of these sketches. The photos are quick and easy, but I'm often getting the flash (or too dark without the flash) and also the pages aren't aligned flat to the camera so it's skewing things one way or the other... I'll add scanner to my list of things to get including a new computer, new software, etc. :) I was amazed today when I realized this computer I have now must be about 5 years old! I can't remember the last time I had a computer for 5 years!

Anyway, this first one is supposed to be kind of retro-advertising. I was coming up with ideas for presenting a web page to select animations on rather than the boring page I have on my site now.
I started watching the Flintstones DVDs. The middle Fred is from a reference on the cover of the DVDs. His proportions are weird, especially his left arm. The other ones were me taking the main items that make him who he is and just free-styling to see what I come up with for fun.
Again, earlier versions of possible selection screens for a website. These ones were supposed to look like ads posted on a wall. The wall has the darkroar logo kind of in the bricks.
Some people... The women are all real people I drew off photos I found online. None of them especially resembles the original, so the identities are safe. The guy was just completely made up. Unfortunately I was working in pen and the lines on his face are too deep to really make out his mouth properly.
An idea of a weird machine to select animations on a website instead of the retro ads I had above. I had this idea first and was wondering what they may look like. They're also supposed to be kind of retro and not what a real machine doing this thing would look like today (it would probably be touch screen and not have large buttons).
Some "Butters" from south park. His ratio is off because I was just drawing for fun. I like some of them like the one in the top left and the bottom right.
Somehow I ended up with a cold sore over the past week. If anyone has had one, you know they are disgusting. I don't know how I got this one I hadn't been outside for two days. Anyway, I often thought about the disgusting possibility of them spreading around your eye or to the rest of your body. So I drew up this guy who has them all over. He's scratched some of them and that's why they're marked like that. He has a cluster above one of his eyes which is gross. The towel isn't tied around properly... The broken mirror is supposed to show the frustration, but of course no guy would have a mirror like that. :)
Some random girl drawings. I was thinking about the shapes of the heads a lot. I'm reading Drawn to Life Volume 1 and there was a thing in their about head shapes I had looked at earlier in the day.
A single girl just standing around. Again she was practice with head shapes.
The first thing for this week was this guy with the giant hammer. It didn't really come out quite right. I was imagining he was very agile and jumps up in the air, grabs the opponent's head and smashes it into his hammer in a fluent move.

No comments: