Sunday, January 17, 2010

January - Week 3 Sketches

Girl with a celtic type symbol to the side.
Sheamus from WWE. The bottom-left was from a photo, the rest were attempts to cartoon him up. I like the bottom-right one and the top-right one.
After Sheamus it was on to one of my favourites... Mick Foley. The top left is based on a photo, the rest are cartoons. Oh, and we couldn't forget the many faces of Mr Socko. I like most of these; I think maybe Foley is just kind of a cartoon in real life.
Some plays on elephants. The orangish one was from a photo and the rest were for fun. Girl with a hat in the middle...
Some hooved animals. Don't remember what this was, but the top-middle one laying down was from the photo and the rest are cartoons based off it.
Classic-me... A dragon and an octopus...
Classic cartoon type cat along with a bird. I didn't know what to draw, so I drew these...
Ugly bug... The picture didn't capture the lines well, so I had to do some "enhancement" to it. It made the edges dark and the middle is still too light... Oh well...
Some tilted buildings. I was playing with the ideas of perspective that you see in some scary movies. Just an experiment.

The pinkish was done with my left hand and the greenish was done with my right hand. I used both hands at the same time. It's interesting to see how the right side is more confident lines and the left side are kind of edgy... It gives this guy an interesting look... A little unbalanced, a little crazy...

No comments: