Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sketches - Week 16

Another week, more sketches...

Well, Saturday was my birthday and I decided to make a cartoon girl coming out of a cake to celebrate...
A girl...
A Celtic guy in the middle of killing...
A little girl giving her displeasure with something...
Some different girls and faces and stuff. The face on the bottom right was what was used in the girl above.
A dragon behind some mountains... I didn't have any real ideas this day, just wanted to draw something different than all the cartoon stuff lately.
This last one is admittedly a little weird. I've been reading a lot lately about absurdism, existentialism, and nihilism. I seem to be coming into contact with the "absurd" lately in life and have been having trouble figuring a way around it. I seem to encounter people who would like nothing better than to mess themselves up and their own people. This sketch is kind of about that. Everybody looks happy, but they're just being pulled along into their own destruction.

...And on that happy note, I'm done...

No comments: