Friday, March 6, 2009

A Birthday Card for Lauren

This is the e-card I made for Lauren:
http://www.darkroar.com/20090302_big.html

It is about 45 seconds or so of animation with sound. The idea is that the cat is doing all these "bad/gross" things in the scenes, but it's for a good purpose. The scenes spell out the happy birthday at the end. So the hairball coughed up at the start becomes the "H", etc. The only exception is the double p's in Happy are via the one scratch scene and Lauren's entire name is spelt out with the rat's intestines.

On the one hand I'm happy with the animation for a start and I'm also happy it got done. On the other hand I would have liked to link the letters and scenes more closely. So, a mixed bag, but I didn't have enough time to really think things through properly.

I may post some sketches or scene ideas later that lead up to this.

This was done with Toon Boom Animate. I recently "cross-graded" to it from Toon Boom Studio and like it quite a bit. There were some irritations with it, though.

No comments: